DEPENDABLE, RELIABLE INTERNET CONNECTION
Remote learning and working from home have really brought to all of our attention how much we rely on a solid Wifi connection in our home. In addition to this, more and more devices within our home rely on a good Wifi connection too – such as TV’s, fridges, irrigation systems, pool equipment, air-conditioning systems, intercom systems, Sonos, Google Home and Alexa to name a few.
MANAGING YOUR HOME INTERNET WIFI CONNECTION SUCCESSFULLY
Even in a medium sized home you may find your self struggling to achieve a good Wifi connection from your modem provided by your Internet Service Provider. This is generally caused by three factors:
- The location of your modem is not central in the home
- The structure of your home impedes an effective wireless signal (typical in double brick homes)
- The modem supplied by your ISP does not have adequate built in Wifi to service the size of your home
NEED EXTRA HOME INTERNET SUPPORT?
One of our expects at Defend Security Group can identify the cause of your poor Wifi connection and advise on an internet solution for your home. Solutions typically involve one or several of the following solutions:
- Relocating your modem to a more central point in the home to provide even distribution of your Wifi
- Installation of a Wireless Access Point to provide a much more powerful Wifi Signal
- Installation of several Wireless Access Points to create a Mesh Network – this allows you to walk around your home and your devices will seamlessly switch to the Access Point providing the strongest Wifi connection